Friday, May 26, 2017

This May Sound Corny, but Chipotle Is My Life! {Recipe: Corn Salsa}


"I love Chipotle, Chipotle is my life!" I cannot tell you how many times I have heard this quote from some viral vine. My son went around saying it for months! He does love Chipotle though. One problem, we don't have a Chipotle anywhere near us, so I try to figure out copy cat recipes. In February I posted a cilantro lime rice recipe that is pretty close, and now for the corn salsa. It's been a little while since I had Chipotle's, so I don't know how close this is, but it is really good!

P.S. Sorry for the groan worthy title, my husband's knack for bad puns is rubbing off on me. 

Corn Salsa

There are lots of copy cat recipes on the internet, this is just the combination we like. It is easily adaptable to your tastes. Add more or less cilantro, onion, lime, salt, and/or pepper accordingly. 

1 16 ounce bag of frozen corn, defrosted and drained
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2/3 cup chopped red onion (about one small or 1/2 large red onion)
1 jalapeño pepper
juice of one lime
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Taste to check flavor and adjust accordingly. 

This is great in burritos and burrito bowls or on it's own with tortilla chips!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF