Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Springtime, Brunchtime! {Recipe: Yogurt Quiche}



This quiche is the perfect dish for springtime. It's a great addition to an Easter brunch or a great way to use up leftover Easter ham. But don't just limit making this quiche just during springtime, it's good anytime!

I came across this recipe in my old recipe file from when I was a kid. I have been interested in cooking and baking as long as I can remember. Since my mother was a fan of quiche, I would make it for her on occasion. Although Quiche Lorraine was probably her favorite, she enjoyed other quiches, like this one, as well.

Yogurt Quiche

This recipe is very versatile. I think it would be good to add more vegetable, like corn or chopped broccoli. For a vegetarian option, just leave out the ham.


1 unbaked pie shell

1 cup mushroom, sliced
1 small onion, diced
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup grated Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar*
1/2 cup chopped ham (I use lean turkey ham)
5 eggs
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Red onion for garnish, optional

Preheat oven to 400°F. Sauté mushrooms in one tablespoon butter; spoon into the bottom of pie shell. Sauté onion in remaining tablespoon butter, then spoon on top of mushrooms. Sprinkle grated cheese and diced ham over onion layer. Whisk together eggs, yogurt, salt, white pepper, and paprika until smooth. Pour mixture over cheese and ham. Garnish with thinly sliced red onion, if using. Bake 20-25 minute, or until set. 


Makes 6 servings. 


*Note: The original recipe calls for Swiss cheese, which is good, but I think Tillamook extra-sharp cheddar is better.


Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF